WILD GARLIC AND GUINNESS SAUSAGE ROLLS
How to cook it
- 30g (1oz)wild garlic (ramsons) shredded
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 Loughnane’s pork sausages with Guinness and leeks
- 2 tbsp rolled oats
- 1 320g (11oz) sheet ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to fan-assisted 160C / 180C / 350F / gas 4 and lightly oil a lined baking tray.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add in the wild garlic and and stir fry until wilted. Remove from the heat and add to a large bowl.
- Split the sausage skins, remove the meat and add to the mixing bowl along with the oats. Mix until well combined.
- Transfer the thawed pastry sheet onto a lightly floured surface and cut into half lengthways.
- Shape half the sausage mix into a sausage and lay in the centre of the pastry sheet, all along the length of it.
- Brush the edges of the pastry sheet with the egg and roll the pastry so that it encloses the meat, forming a long sausage roll and use a fork to seal the join.
- Cut into 8 equal sized pieces (or 4 large ones if you prefer).
- Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet and sausage mix.
- Transfer the sausage rolls onto the baking tray, brush with the beaten egg and sprinkle on the sesame seeds.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 mins until golden and cooked through
Serve immediatelyRecipe courtesy of Recipes from a Pantry by Bintu